Thread: North/South

Unanswered: North/South

Hi. I am new around here, so I am just saying hello basically.

Singer "Cat Stevens" still in Heart
    http://www.islamtomorrow.net/converts/yusuf_islam.htm

You were very famous and I am really happy with your own choice. I will never forget your songs and all the things I have been through on the disco when they play them.

Cool

I'm sure if Cat Stevens were an application developer, Oracle would be his tool of choice
    Oracle OCPI (Certified Practicing Idiot)

Your post shows a complete and dangerous lack of comprehension. Islam is a religion, not a terrorist group. The media classifies Muslims as "terrorists," "highjackers" and "kidnappers." So why would anyone even look at Islam? Why are so many priests and preachers going to Islam?

David Karesh was a Christian, shall we ban all Christian momentous?
    When you compare all of Islam to these terrorists, you essentially say every Sunday clothed bible reading Christian is a Branch Dividian fundamentalist. The linking of such actions to Islam or the Qur’an is incorrect. Rather, such inhumane actions clearly contradict the teachings of Islam - just as the bombing at Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh and the killings that occurred at Abraham Mosque, Hebron - Philistine by Dr. Baruch Goldstein clearly contradict the teachings of Christianity and Judaism, respectively.

It is unreasonable to think that so many American converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation. before concluding that Islam is true. These Americans came from different classes, races and walks of life. They include scientists, professors, philosophers, journalists, doctors, nurses, teachers, artists, lawmakers, chefs, laborers, and every other sort of person imaginable.

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't quite understand how you, Sasa14, found out that ss659 shows a complete and dangerous lack of comprehension, but can tell for sure that YOU missed a place to discuss religious and terrorist subjects. As far as I know, this is a Database Forum so, please, spread your ideas somewhere else. I'm sure Google will find political/religious forums somewhere on the net for you.

Thank you littlefoot - I was just trying to bring a little light to a Database Forum I'm glad someone got it!

Let there be no misunderstanding of my intentions. I know Islam is not accepted to many westerns but also we have to understand that Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world? Although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.

A NATION CHALLENGED: AMERICAN MUSLIMS; Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
    By JODI WILGOREN
    Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday
    Section: National Desk

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3
    Sorry for wasting your time, I hope this will be my last comment on this issue.

What is all this ?

Hey Moderators

What is all this ? According to my knowledge this is a Database Forum , not a place to emote religious feelings. U should stop and remove such posts from the Forum. People come here for the knowledge of Oracle , not to know things which divide people.

There should be a mechanism in place so that people like sasa14 are banned from this forum.

PS : 95 % of terrorists in world are muslims .

( Kashmir , Afghanistan, Iraq , Sudan, Iran , WTC Attacks , Osama , Javed Omar - the list will never end)

I will add to your list another Moslems with big impact on history:

Adolph Hitler
    Josef Stalin
    Bush father
    Bush son
    Blair
    All Israelis leaders and government members from the begging to date.
    Etc

While I am interested about the political and religious points brought out by this discussion, please do not start Flame wars on this forum. Except for the occational spamer, this has been a great forum for oracle info. Would everyone agree to disagree and take the flames elsewhere. I have never added anyone to my ignore list on this forum and I would really not like to start.

Thanks for listening.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Provided Answers: 1
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree that that post showed a complete and dangerous lack of comprehension. Any reasonable thinking person knows that Cat Stevens would have chosen MSSQL Server over Oracle.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree that that post showed a complete and dangerous lack of comprehension. Any reasonable thinking person knows that Cat Stevens would have chosen MSSQL Server over Oracle.
    LOL,

Personally I think that it would have been My-SQL, he strikes me as an open source sort of person.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

I could see him migrating from stardom (Oracle) to being a shutin (My-SQL).

That's great...just had to sick your nose in....

Oh, wait, your an Oracle app/dev now....

Poor Blind dude
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

i'm joining the cross posting shennanigans

i hope i speak for most at the MSSQL forum when i say that you can have cat stevens.

Any reasonable thinking person knows that Cat Stevens would have chosen MSSQL Server over Oracle.
    He would have started out with one, then switched over to the other.