Question Unanswered: ASP External Database Connection

Ok as we all know there is an ASP connection mode that goes like this -

Set scoreRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

scoreRS.ActiveConnection = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE="&Server.MapPath("/ADVA/studentNo/scoreDB.mdb")

As shown, this kind of connection should point to the database scoreDB.mdb which is located in the server running on the system. I would like to know if there is anything like for example

scoreRS.ActiveConnection = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE="urladdress

I would like to point the database connection to a URL address. An address that points and allows one to write into the scoreDB.mdb file . So for this case the urladdress might be something like

I hope someone gives me a reply if there is any way to work this out! Or other alternatives on how I can put the database online or external system and be able to write it from another location. I am doing a game tryout using Flash and the school server supports only PHP. So I tot I would like to put the ASP script somewhere on an ASP enabled server and put the mdb locally to the school. And the Flash game, I'm using ASP to store and retrieve data dynamically to and fro by ASP.

Note: I don't want to place the mdb file together on the ASP server itself for security reasons. And no, I do not want to use PHP.

Host A with no ASP enabled having the flash game + mdb file ---- connects to

Host B with ASP enabled having the ASP scripts that will point to Host A

York, PA
    I cannot think of any security advantage you would gain by having the DB on a different server. If it works now why try and fix it?

I just want to know if it will ever work that way and if it does, it really can help me save costs of changing all to ASP enabled servers. And currently it is working only cos I have IIS installed on my home computer and I can test it etc but not in school cos the school is not using ASP but PHP which I am totally clueless about. I do not wish to pick PHP up at the moment.

Reli wish to know if the method I would like to implement works or not.