Unanswered: export - import Oracle 10g on windows

I must export a schemas an reimport it in an other. it work well on the server but not on the client. when i export on the client i have no error but when i import it, the import don't import the beginning of the file (about the first 13 tables) and finish with the error imp-00009. We don't find nothing about that. We work on a server windows 2000 and the client is install on a pc with windows xp. We have the same problem with a other pc with windows 2000 with the server install on it an not the client.

Provided Answers: 4
    How do you transfer an export file between two computers? If you use FTP, do you transfer it as a binary file?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    How do you transfer an export file between two computers? If you use FTP, do you transfer it as a binary file?
    I don't transfer it, i just export on my pc and reimport it from the same place. I do it in command line.

Could you share your EXP and IMP statements with us?

What happens if you export a small set of tables and try to import them? Does that work properly?

To do test i create a user Mario (ROLE DBA) with 23 TABLES, SOMES PROCEDURES, INDEX, TRIGGER AND FOREING KEY. All table are empty.

my exp was simply:
    exp mario/mario@dev1 file=mario.dmp log=mario.log

I create a second user Mario2
    my imp was :
    imp mario2/mario@dev1 fromuser=mario touser=mario2 file=mario.dmp log=mario2.log

It work well with Oracle 8i and 9i but not with 10g (on client)

hi,

I think we found the problem, i change the defaut NLS_LANG in registry to put the same we have on the server and it work!

from CANADIAN FRENCH_CANADA.WE8ISO8859P1
    to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252

i will make some test but it seem to be arround that.
    i will thanks you for your interrest and i hope it will help you in the futur.

Great! I'm glad you found the solution!