Thread: Db2 Cluster

Question Unanswered: Db2 Cluster

Hi friends...

I have the task of install a DB2 in two IBM AIX p570 servers, those servers are not in cluster and we don't have HACMP to make the cluster.

The installation is in both servers, the DB2 is a WSUE 8.2 and our plan is to implement a kind of high availability cluster (but non automatic cluster).

The question is, some of you have information of how to see the database data that resides in a common storage for the two servers??? or how to implement a cluster in DB2???

Best Regards

GBrito....

cluster

you could backup the first db to restore on second machine and keep the database in rollforward pending. ship on regular base the log file and rollforward.
    whenever needed stop the roolforward and db will be available
    Or use HADR (log buffer shipping)
    or have a replication active between the database to keep them synchronised..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

Question DB2 Cluster - Again

Friends, the problem that I have is that the data resides in a shared external arrays of disks and I need to make a DB2 Cluster but a manual DB2 cluster. The DB2 products are installed in the both AIX machines at this time and a shared database was created in the external disks (this is not shared at this time).

I need to know if you have some information to make the cluster in DB2....

Regards..

You have the setup, but since you need to create a cluster with out using the cluster software.
    We did that in the test boxes, but you need to monitor it very carefully.

We uses the db2gcf and turn the db2 autostart off, then we wrote some scripts to start the instance on the other box, when ever we have a problem.
    We started with no archive logging mode and then moved to archive logging.

regards

Mujeeb