Thread: Help with Query

Unanswered: Help with Query

this problem may have been answered in the past, but i cannot find the thread. the problem i'm facing is that i need to count the number of closed status, using name as a criteria(i.e. how many closed status for this name). but if i typed in a name which have no closed status, the query returns me nothing. how do i make the query to at least show a zero in this case? thx.

I take a bite ot answering the question. From the sound of your description you have the count working OK but would like to see a Zero instead of nothing when the result is blank.
    I would try using an IIF statement. For example if the filed you have that counts the total is called "ED" the use
    Code:
    IIF([ED] IS NULL,0,[ED])
    This looks at Field ED if it is null it sets Ed to a "0" if not it uses the value already existing for ED.
    Darasen

I can help you with this, but can you tell me how you determine closed status. Is it a value in some field in the same table that has the name in it?

TD

For all my databases that I had I used a CheckBox to denote it as Closed, then worked it from there.

BUD

thx ppl. but i solved it already.

Quote Originally Posted by chanjw
    thx ppl. but i solved it already.
    Hi chanjw,

It's great you solved your problem, however it is a courtesy of this forum that when you get a solution that you kindly post it or describe it in the forum, that way others who may come upon the same problem as you may be able to see the answer. Not a requirement, but just a common courtesy.

have a nice one,
    BUD