Thread: Create subform

Unanswered: change textbox to combo box?

hello,

I have one textbox. I was try to change that textbox to combo by editing in table design. any idea?
    Last edited by oasislah; 12-09-04 at 02:02.

Quote Originally Posted by oasislah
    hello,

I have one textbox. I was try to change that textbox to combo by editing in table design. any idea?
    Oasislah,

In the TableDesignView what you do is Click in the field that has the TextBox you wish to change.
    Look down at the bottom of your window and see the FieldProperties window.
    Click on the LookUp Tab and see it says: DisplayControl in a ComboBox.
    Click on that and then select: ComboBox
    There you modify/set your ColumnCount: being how many columns you wish to include.
    ColumnWidths: sets how wide EACH column will be...just play with the sizes but start at something like about 0.5" OR 1".
    List Rows: sets how many rows will drop down in your ComboBox
    List Width: sets the width of the entire ComboBox when selected.

One thing, on the ColumnWidths when you have more than one be sure to separate each dimension with the Semi-colon ; and do so like this:
    0.5";1";1.5" It is not necessary to place a semi-colon on the end.

Hope this gets you on your way. I will see about gathering all the information for your Tables in the database of yours I have and give you a few suggestions on how you SHOULD possibly have then structured so that you will not have so many mini-fires constantly popping up on you

have a nice day
    BUD

thanks a lot Bud,

I have been done my combobox based ur idea..Right now is to increase my record to 1 (for example; existing= 20 then after print it will make 21).How to code and in what event possible do I code? please advice..