Exclamation Unanswered: How to add picklist to a report

Hi friends,

i am facing a problem with a pick list.
    i have created a report with stored procedure with two parameters.
    i need to dispaly report parameter pick list which will allow to select multiple values from picklist for the parameters when i run the reports.

please suggest me in this regard. Its very urgent.

Waiting for your response.

Thanking you.

Quote: <i need to dispaly report parameter pick list which will allow to select multiple values from picklist for the parameters when i run the reports.>

If your Stored Procedure has 2 parameters then when you create your report the 2 parameters will be automatically detected and inserted as Crystal Parameter Fields

To display a picklist for these parameters, do this:

Insert,
    Field Object,
    Parameters,
    <Right-click the parameter>,
    Choose Edit,
    Click the 'Set Default Values' button,
    Enter parameters that you want to appear in the picklist.

Note: you can import a picklist if the list is very long and I think a txt or csv file works here.

Regards - Andy

Hi Vidu

I'm using version 8.5 so there might be differences but when you create a parameter field the first window you see has a tick box that enables multiple selections: the tick box on my version is called "Allow multiple values".

If this field is not enabled on your screen then I suppose it is because the field is after all a parameter for the Stored Procedure (SP) and I assume the stored procedure cannot accept multiple values?!

To get around the problem you could remove the SP parameter that you want the use for multiple selection. Then in Crystal, create a new parameter field as already described. The down side of this approach is of course that your SP will return more data to the report and then your report parameter will filter out what's not needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards - Andy