Unanswered: SQL Server Job running forever

I have a job that is running for 2 days straight and the status reads: Performing Completion action.

I have tried to disable/Stop the job, but can't.

I have also tried to start the job which it won't because it is still running.

Is there a table that I can manual delete the schedule # or something along those lines to start all over again.

Thanks

Oh the normal time for the job to run is only 7 seconds.

Lystra

Provided Answers: 6
    Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

What kind of availability do your users require? If you are not running some super duper 24 hour online transaction application and most of your users are 9 to 5 ers, just hang out later tonight and stop and restart the SQL Server Agent service from the SQL Server Service Manager. If that does'nt do it stop and restart the SQL Server Service. It should take care of it. I know it sound like whacking a fly with a sledge hammer and it is a little hackish, but since I am not there to really figure it out (like you may have locking issue which as a dba you should be able to resolve) this should do for you.

I Think you have the wrong question in your mind...
    You should ask "What have changed between the 7 Seconds and the infinite time ?" and no simply "Why ?"...

good work,

Joao