Question Unanswered: Update a program automatically

I heard you can update a program automatically through a website. So, for instance, there is a db called DB1 with a program (form named: frmServer). I just added all the info you might need some may be irrelevant. Post back if you need any info. Is there a way that the program or database can be downloaded and then replace the existing file.(Which obviously would be of the same name!).

Thanks a lot;

Jw

Quote Originally Posted by jwman
    I heard you can update a program automatically through a website. So, for instance, there is a db called DB1 with a program (form named: frmServer). I just added all the info you might need some may be irrelevant. Post back if you need any info. Is there a way that the program or database can be downloaded and then replace the existing file.(Which obviously would be of the same name!).

Thanks a lot;

Jw
    My application consists of two separate programs. One is a standard update program. The other is the main program.

When the program starts it checks for updates. Upon confirmation by the user, the program starts the update program and shuts itself down. The update program (reading info from the registry) contacts the program server, grabs a config file, then downloads each file identified in the config file, then starts the main application and shuts itslef down.

Different logic if a major release comes out...