Unanswered: Initial database window don't hide - I'm crazy!

I don't want users can see the initial database window.
    I set that option in Tools -> StartUp (I suppose is that because my access language is not in english)

In my PC all is alright. In other PC users can see the initial database window.

Can someone help me, please? Is there any code to bypass this problem?

Thank you very much. Regards,

Jose

Is yor DB in a split Fron End/Back end format or is it a copy of the same thing on all computers?

The Databse window should hide from everyone (including yourself) when this option is checked.

maybe someone knows the correct language in VB code such as

currentdatabase.visible = false

can be added to your opening code or if there is a way in a macro that you could add the same thing in the autoexec.

Hope this gives someone else an idea or two.

sorry I cant help further
    Kevin

Yes, there is a front end/back end. This back end shows that initial window.

I suppose my Access 2000 has a problem. This happens after installing the XP Home Edition with SP1. After reinstalling it the problem is there.

But I believe that with VBA code I can solve this.

If someone can help with this code I appreciate very much.

Thank you
    Jose

In a front end back end format you should open up the front end and check the hide database window. apply. then close and do the same to the back end separately the same way. a front end back end split is actualy 2 different databases linked to each other but the back end has all the real datatables and the front end is just linked to it. which means that a BE can be opened by itself that is probably why you see the db window on the other computers. the BE if a multiuser environment (like mine are) are stored on a public folder (everyone in the domain can access it) on a network server. The frontends are supposed to be stored on each individual desktop computer and the tables are linked to the back end with the linked table manager.

XP has nothing afaik to do w/ it not doing what you say.

HTH
    Kevin