Exclamation Unanswered: Task Center - User Interface Scheduling

Hello Everyone -

I have a question. Where can I find information on how to interface an application program with the Task Center in DB2 UDB V8.1 and V8.2? Specifically I want to be able to generate different scripts within an application program and then be able to schedule them thru the Task Center. Is there some documentation that shows how this can be performed? Are there API's that are "public" and available for use? Is there a "White Paper" that shows how this can be performed? Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.
    Last edited by steve02usa; 12-13-04 at 13:16.

Task center supports .sql scripts which can be scheduled to run at regular intervals. I am not entirely sure on the requirement though... what does "generate different scripts" mean?

DB2 Admin Guide should be a good starting point.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dr_suresh20
    Task center supports .sql scripts which can be scheduled to run at regular intervals. I am not entirely sure on the requirement though... what does "generate different scripts" mean?

DB2 Admin Guide should be a good starting point.
    Thank You..... Once I generate the .sql scripts from an application program, how would I then interface with the Task Center to get the .sql scripts scheduled? I would like this to be an automated process, and not have to manually take the .sql scripts and then put them into the Task Center. Can this be done? Where would I find the documentation? As for the type of scripts I would be generating.... they would be all different types, such as reorg scripts, or listing scripts, or generating of ddl, etc. The main idea is I need an interface to Task Center, so that it would be automated, and not manually driven. Once again, I appreciate your assistance very much.

Strange problem with DB2 COmmand Center

Hi there,

Once I tried to build an access plan for a SQL statement, it failed because the index tablespace was full. I added more space to it, and built couple of access plans successfully. But every time I connect to the database in the command center, it pops up an warning message window:

DBA2179: An access plan cannot be created because the statement you used is not in the correct format or is not a query.

How is to get rid of the warning message?

Thanks,

Actually, you can generate .sql scripts and place it in a common location which can be used by Task center to scheduled and execute at specific interval. You may choose to refresh those .sql scripts on a timely basis. This should take care of the interface that you talked about...

HTH.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dr_suresh20
    Actually, you can generate .sql scripts and place it in a common location which can be used by Task center to scheduled and execute at specific interval. You may choose to refresh those .sql scripts on a timely basis. This should take care of the interface that you talked about...

HTH.
    Good Morning -

Thank you for your posted reply. I appreciate your assistance. One more question if I can, Where can I find more information about the "common location"? How do I define this "common location"? How do I tell Task Center about this location? Once I have placed the ".sql" into this common location, how do I tell Task Center about the ".sql", the name of the ".sql" member, and when to schedule the execution of the ".sql"? I've looked at the DB2 Admin book, but I still can't find information about this topic. once again, I appreciate your assistance.