Unanswered: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Any ideas why this error could be happening?

Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

MySQL server is running, IIS is set to use PHP, yet this error persists regardless of what my username/password is set to be in the script.

Provided Answers: 59
    what grants have you given user odbc on host localhost?

I am not sure ? Anyone else?

From the error message, it thinks you are not supplying any password (not just a wrong password.)

To receive any help you are going to need to post more information about what you are doing.

Post your code - x'ing out any sensitive info such as password...

By default, theres no entry in the `users` table of `mysql` database having ODBC as user. There exists only one called root. So login using root.
    mysql --user=root
    MySQL 5.1

i am getting exactly the same problem

I get 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Mind reading does not work over the Internet. Each person might be using a different application, different scripting language, inputting parameters using different syntax... There are several things that could cause this error. Without a description of what you are doing when you get the error, along with showing your code or what you are typing, you will only get guesses as to what the problem is.

To receive any help you are going to need to post more information about what you are doing.

Post your code or what you are entering - x'ing out any sensitive info such as password...

my code ?
    i am just trying to connect with mysql administrator, no code at all, a very normal try to connect, no given password, no given username, on localhost

Knowing that you are using the mysql administrator application provides an important clue as to what you are doing when this error occurs. Providing the minimum information will just result in questions and will take longer to get a specific answer for your problem.

Based on this information and the error message, the mysql service is running. When you installed mysql you configured an instance of it and created a password for the root user. If you instead created an anonymous account, I cannot help you as this is not recommend by mysql and I have never done it that way.

If you have not created a database, your only option is to login using the root username and the password you created for the root user. Once you have created a database, with a username and a password, you can login using that information.

i havent given any password and nowhere you can give a user name
    i am trying root + localhost

the exact meaning of the error message : 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

now what can i do ? .. that was my question at he begining, nd it could be the same for Inte
    Last edited by anselme; 07-22-06 at 01:59.