Unanswered: Dropping of Database.

Hi all,

What command should be used to Drop the Informix database from the unix # prompt?
    Help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bdhakhwa

Hi,
    Call the below statement froms a script. Make sure you set all your Informix env. variables, in this case all the env. variables are in set_profile file (INFORMIXDIR, PATH, ONCONFIG, INFORMIXSQLHOSTS, INFORMIXSERVER)

cd /export/home/informix
    . set_profile
    cd /export/home/informix/test
    dbaccess - - 2>error.log <<SQLSTMT
    drop database test;
    SQLSTMT

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

When i run the script, it is neither dropping the database nor is exiting to # prompt. When i viewed the error.log using "cat error.log" i could see the lines such as "Confirm database drop YES/NO". It appears the script has been succesfully executed and waiting for user input, Yes Or No. Any ideas to select the "YES" option automaically?

Thanks in advance.

bdhakhwa

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

When i run the script, it is neither dropping the database nor is exiting to # prompt. When i viewed the error.log using "cat error.log" i could see the lines such as "Confirm database drop YES/NO". It appears the script has been succesfully executed and waiting for user input, Yes Or No. Any ideas on how to select the "YES" option automaically?

Thanks in advance.

bdhakhwa

Hi,

I am not sure why r u getting the prompt. I once again ran the same script it dropped the database. What u could do is create a new database and enter this database name in the script & run the script once again. Do let me know.

Hi,

The problem is same even with the new database. Could you please suggest any other options? Thanks

bdhakhwa