Exclamation Unanswered: 2 combo boxes (2 search criteria) won´t work

i have a search form (see atachment1) with 2 combo boxes.
    i have a pruduct form that runs on this query:

SELECT *
    FROM tblSpeler
    WHERE (((tblSpeler.merk)=forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst1) And ((tblSpeler.type) Like forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst2));

if i start the the product form, it asks me for the make, and then for the player » it finds the right player in the form.
    but via my search form it won´t work. it only opens the product form and no records are shown.

so: in the search form, when i select a "make", and then the "type", and then press search. i want it to show the right record in the product form.
    +
    when i select a make (eg "apple"), i want the type combo box to exclude all the types that are not from apple (eg only: ipod mini, ipod 20gb. right now it´s like in atachment2.

i know this is a common question, been trying to figure it out with a eg database, but i can´t get it done. all help is welcome

thanks,

-d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails search form.jpg   combo box type.jpg  

Provided Answers: 59
    Hi Deurwaarder
    first off if you wnat SQL to properly handle your staing fields youneed to enclose then with quotation marks ("). For personal preference I tend to use chr$(34) instead of fighting VB in placing quotes
    so

WHERE (((tblSpeler.merk)=forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst1) And ((tblSpeler.type) Like forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst2));

should read

WHERE tblSpeler.merk=forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst1 And tblSpeler.type Like " & chr$(34) & forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst2 & chr$(34) & ";"

the like character would normall have a wild card eitehr at the front or back of the field in question

eg
    forms!frmZoeken!zoektekst2 & "*" & chr$(34) & ";"
    which, if det to IPOD would return anything that began IPOD

However I don't think this will answer your problem
    I'm presuming that you combo boxes will be referring to numeric data
    Its unusual to use a combo box and then search for a "like" match, the whole point of the combo is that it displays a list.

It woudl be easier if yoiu attached to database not images as these don't show what you are actually doing
    HTH