Unanswered: Need Help With Designing Database tables with ComboBoxes

Hello, I am new to making a database. I need to take these page of information and store it into a database. The requirments are to use dropdown lists. The dropdown lists are in color markings. Red is 1 dropdownlist, blue is next, and orange is the last. Each parent has its own dialog page in my MFC app. So "TypeOfShoes" would contain on 3 dropdown lists and "Risers-subplates" would contain a 1 dropdownlist. How can I design a database table that would work with dropdown lists? I need to be able to store the list and currently selected item.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LowerDieShoes.jpg  

From the sounds of your description you would want to do this in a form, not a table. Your image looks like a decent start to a Table/Field structure.

There have been several threads on conditional combo boxes so just take a look around.

PS: Welcome to the board.
    Darasen

I understand how to correctly call the stored procedure from a form. I need a good idea on how to properly layout a database table to store the information that I spoke about, "TypeOfShoes" and "Risersubplates." I understand that I have to requry the database after each dropdownlist selection I am not sure how to layout a good table structure in the database.

Hi skurge2 and "Welcome to the Forum"

Might I suggest to find a very good basic book on Relational Database Design as that would be the best way. One good one is Database Design for Mere Mortals by M. Hernandez or follow the link below to another source.

Relational Database Design: Clearly Explained, Second Edition
    http://www.bookpool.com/.x/pbx84hrb8i/sm/1558608206

That is something you really should get done very well as that is the Main basis of having a great and clean flowing database. How to layout a database depends partly on the user/designer on how you wish the flow to work. IF you get that part right all else becomes a bit easier. Just some friendly advice.

hope you enjoy the Forum
    have a nice one,
    BUD

Hi skurge2 and "Welcome to the Forum"

Might I suggest to find a very good basic book on Relational Database Design as that would be the best way. One good one is Database Design for Mere Mortals by M. Hernandez or follow the link below to another source.

Relational Database Design: Clearly Explained, Second Edition
    http://www.bookpool.com/.x/pbx84hrb8i/sm/1558608206

That is something you really should get done very well as that is the Main basis of having a great and clean flowing database. How to layout a database depends partly on the user/designer on how you wish the flow to work. IF you get that part right all else becomes a bit easier. Just some friendly advice.

hope you enjoy the Forum
    have a nice one,
    BUD