var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: I need to move tablespaces
To free more space, I need to move tablespaces (data,index,rbs,system and
temp) from an HD to another.
Can anyone explain to me step by step how to do this work whithout loosing
In Storage Manager there is not way to do a "move".
system is windows 2000 server; oracle 8.1.7
thanks for all help
Here are the steps.
1. Take tablespace(s) off line.
2. Copy the physical file to new disk/HD
3. Rename the data file to new file
4. Bring the tablespace(s) online
5. Delete old file once files have been verified.
Alter database RENAME FILE 'data_file_name' TO 'data_file_name'
Make sure you check the dba_data_files to ensure you are using new files priro to removing the old files.