Unanswered: unbound field question

I have a subform showing multiple records (contact history information). One of the fields is the name of "our" person doing the contacting. I was asked to provide a drop down list for this.

Here's what I have done. On Form-Current, I copy the saved "our" contact name into the combo-box. On a change event for the combo-box, I copy the name into the db field (not visible).

This doesn't work very well. When I open the form, the first record's "our" contact is put into the same field on all of the visible records. When you click on any field in the next record - that record's "our" contact is put in the same field on all of the visible records.

I'm sure this is simple but I need some advice.

thanks,

Steve

Hello Steve,

Yeah, that'll happen on a continuous subform. Is there a reason for the unbound combo box? Is it coming from somewhere else? Sorry, didn't quite get that part.
    I think you could eliminate the unbound combo box, and just have one combo box bound to the "ours" field.

Sorry if I'm missing something.

HTH

Chris

Thanks for replying Chris. As you probably know - we work on our problems as we wait to see if anyone can shorten the process...

Yes, the data comes from a different source than the record source for the subform. I was able to solve the problem by showing the db field for "our" contact (visible = yes) and putting a small combo-box (Contactname) next to it. All you can see of the combo-box is the gray arrow in a box (this eliminates the problem of seeing the same thing for all records). On an after change of the combo-box, I put the name into the db field ([Our Contact] = Me.[Contactname].Column(1)).

This did it.

Maybe there is a cleaner way?

Steve

Glad you got it resolved. I'd say if it works, it's a good solution

Have a good one.