Hi,

I'm hitting the dreaded 'must use updateable query' error but I don't see the reason why. I have a table containing transactions credited to regions, each of which has a team of employees assigned to several positions. I need to construct a query which changes the region and assigns the correct employees for the new region. The only subquery that's different is the one that pulls name, because it needs an equijoin with a 3rd table. This is technically the only join in the expression. Any help is appreciated. My sQL is below.

UPDATE Detail

SET

Detail.SALESTAKER = (SELECT [TM] FROM Region WHERE Region.Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.SALESORIGINID = [Enter Region Splitting To], Detail.TMR = (SELECT [TM] FROM Region WHERE Region.Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.[ACCT DIR] = (SELECT [ACCT DIR] FROM Region WHERE Region.Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.AE = (SELECT [AE] FROM Region WHERE Region.Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.AE2 = (SELECT [AE2] FROM Region WHERE [Region].Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.[IS] = (SELECT [IS] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.IS2 = (SELECT [IS2] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.[Region Mgr] = (SELECT [Region Mgr] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.VP = (SELECT [VP] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.VP2 = (SELECT [VP2] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.President = (SELECT [AE] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.Employee = (SELECT [Full Name] FROM [Employee HR Table] WHERE [Employee HR Table].[EE] =(SELECT [TM] FROM Region WHERE Region.Regions = [Enter Region Splitting To])),

Detail.AETEAMLEAD = (SELECT [AE] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.AEManager = (SELECT [AE] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To]),

Detail.TAU_AE = (SELECT [TAU_AE] FROM Region WHERE [Region].[Regions] = [Enter Region Splitting To])

WHERE (((Detail.INDEX) In (20874,20875)));