Talking Unanswered: Viewing a table from another db

Holy MOLY I've been banging my head up against the wall on this matter for months now. I have two databases and I need to be able to see the tables from different different databases. Usually I create a view like this

Code:
         LicensingActions.dbo.License_Suspensions
    But it wasnt working kept telling me that the License_Suspensions table didnt exsist and at the time the name was in all caps. So I decided to change the name, and low and BEHOLD IT WORKS. The funny was that I wasnt having that problem any of the other tables just that one. Well live and learn. Just thought I'd share that with you guys

Provided Answers: 54
    Just for the jolly factor, please execute:
    Code:
    EXECUTE sp_helpdb 'LicensingActions'
    and post the contents of the status column. I'm specifically interested to see if you have a case-sensitive database default collation specified.

-PatP

Hi Pat

Code:
    LicensingActions	      9.81 MB	VIEJAS\DeStevenson	8	Jul 13 2004	Status=ONLINE, Updateability=READ_WRITE, UserAccess=MULTI_USER, Recovery=FULL, Version=539, Collation=SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, SQLSortOrder=52, IsTornPageDetectionEnabled, IsAutoCreateStatistics, IsAutoUpdateStatistics	80

Code:
    LicensingActions_Data                                                                                                           	1	d:\database\sql2k\MSSQL\data\LicensingActions_Data.MDF                                                                                                                                                                                                          	PRIMARY	2432 KB	Unlimited	10%	data only
    LicensingActions_Log                                                                                                            	2	d:\database\sql2k\MSSQL\data\LicensingActions_Log.LDF                                                                                                                                                                                                           	NULL	7616 KB	Unlimited	10%	log only

Provided Answers: 54
    Hmmm.... SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS is explicitly case insensitive, but I don't think I've ever seen Code Page 1 (then again, I don't often look at database default collations either). Most peculiar!

-PatP

CP1 is 1252 code page, which is default for SQL Server us_english installs.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."