Unanswered: 'tables' of data

I have lots of data where one record conceptually matches a table rather than a row. My (overall) question is: How do I best deal with this? Possible sub-questions are: Are there RDBMS databases that deal with tables of data rather than rows? If not, are OOBDMS or R/O hybrids my solution? If not to both, does anyone know of any web pages with information on how to create 2 dimension databases that manipulate 3 dimension data (a different wording of essentially the same problem). If not to all the above, can anyone convince me of a better solution than maintaining a spreadsheet for each record? :-)

Cheers
    mcalex

do a google search for database normalization

that's the best way to deal with it

there has never been a data structure that a fully normalized database couldn't handle

yes, in oracle you can store a table inside a single row/column cell

thinking about that, and the sql required to manage it, gives me a big headache, but if you like that sort of complexity, then go get yourself an oracle license and go to town
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

ahhh, so ok, stick with Excel.

It's that sql nightmare that I was looking to avoid. I know you can normalise any data structure, I just didn't think that a spreadsheet proggy would do this easier than a database.

thx for helping

mcalex