Thread: E-commerce Site

Unanswered: E-commerce Site

Hi Forum,

I am creating an e-commerce site that will sell clothes over th internet. I would like to implement this project with the use of MySQL and PHP due to no IIS etc.

I was wondering if anyone has any pointers in general and in regards to database layout.

Database Design

tbl_customers
    tbl_products
    tbl_categories
    tbl_subcategories

Not sure if i need to have any more?? how is a shopping cart achieved??
    Really could do with some help.

How really bad do you want to DIY this? There are some really excellent open source and commercial ecommerce packages that well most likely have what you need and then some. Then you can spend more time on design and configuration insted of learning and coding. Check out OS Commerce I haven't used it in a live site myself but have looked it over. It has features and wide user base.

/
    ~

Bill

thanks

Hi Savbill,

Thanks for your reply, I am a final year student and my project is this and so will not be allowed to use third party software. I have to create the database etc myself.

Problem

I am not sure what tables to create to implement the site design etc not done anything like this and could do with some pointers.

osCommerce comes with a PDF that shows its database design. That would be a good starting point to answer your question regarding what tables you might need.