Question Unanswered: Relationships In Access

I'm building a database in Access and working out the relationships now. My problem is that each time I make a relationship it comes up one to many. I need a few one to ones and was wondering how I can get it to do this.

Thanks.

KC

If you index both of the fields and dont allow duplicates then you can obtain a 1 to 1 relationship,

THe index property can be set in the table design choose
    Indexed(no duplicates)

Dave

In general, you should never have a one to one. If you have a situation where you do, then you probably don't need two tables. All of the information should be in the same table. To be sure, you should post more information about what kind of data is in the two tables.

Thanks to you both. This helps.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    In general, you should never have a one to one. If you have a situation where you do, then you probably don't need two tables. All of the information should be in the same table. To be sure, you should post more information about what kind of data is in the two tables.
    Not quite true ... I had at one time that exact thing ... It is useful to break up related info that would exceed 255 columns (max Access # columns for a table) into more than 1 1-to-1 related tables ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...