Our client, a leading financial Services organization is seeking a Senior Information Analyst for its San Diego location.
Senior Information Analyst:
This position requires a Bachelor degree in statistical methods of data analysis or a related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience. Hands-on experience with data warehousing and end user reporting solutions is highly desired. Experience in web and database development (Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2) desired. Experience implementing web-based mission-critical enterprise applications utilizing ``OO'' technology desired. This position requires: the technical ability to perform advanced reporting, data analysis and data manipulation on large databases as needed; familiarity with probability, statistical modeling and algorithmic solutions to problems requiring quantitative analysis; experience working on a Data Warehouse environment; excellent communication skill; and excellent project management skills.
Additional specific qualification for the Data Acquisition and Structures group include:
1. Extensive experience in statistical methods of data analysis. This must include implementing in code algorithms which perform both linear and nonlinear fits to multi-variate data sets.
2. Ability to apply numerical and application mathematical techniques for data reduction.
3. Knowledge and ability to manage the full software development life cycle, per IEEE standards.
4. Specific knowledge of the fundamental data structures used in analytical analysis, include Queues, linked lists, hashes, and trees. The ability to implement solutions using this structures in at least two of the following languages C, C++, Pascal, Fortran.
5. Specific experience performing analytic analysis or numerical analysis on UNIX platforms. Particular knowledge must include the ability to write, debug command shell scripts in sh and csh. The ability to write complex data manipulation programs in Perl.
6. Understand the principles of Relation Database Connectivity using DBI, JDBC, ODBC, and OLE using Perl, Java, C/C++, and Cobol.
7. Experience using basic principles of debugging and performance tuning for database queries and other analytical analysis applications.
8. Software documentation using the paradigm of literate programming, work products will include SRS, SDD, user guide, and maintenance manual
Please Note this is a perm position, Principals only please.
For immediate consideration, Please send resume and salary requirements to
Empyrean Management Group firstname.lastname@example.org