Exclamation Database help needed

Hey

By any happy chance can any1 help me. A college report on DBMS has left me losing the will. My main problem is that i havent actually done this myself, so finding information online is proving more difficult.

The things i have to write about are

What is the contemporary approach to dealing with objects such as graphic, sound, video? Can modern systems support the querying of data based on, for example, a graphic image, or can they merely store them? What effect is object-oriented paradigm having on database management systems? And about mapping to relational database management systems from an object oriented approach.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx

You will have to do the legwork to find the specifics, but you can try looking for "DB2 Text Extender" or "DB2 Image, Audio, and Video Extenders". I am sure there are similar offerings for other DBMS's, but this may give you somewhere to start.

thanking you

Oh, see when you query an image does it show up the image or just provide information on it?

and if its a multimedia database system, does that mean you can view the image/video etc?

Hmm. For that sort of thing, you are probably going to have to look at a COA model. Try this post:

http://www.dbforums.com/t1072076.html

mcrowley, you're evil

poor kid has a university paper to write and you send her to that tarpit

gillyb, can modern systems support the querying of data based on, for example, a graphic image? yes, google can, and it's pretty modern

what effect is object-oriented paradigm having on database management systems? they snicker in derision

and about mapping to relational database management systems from an object oriented approach? it's a clear one-to-one situation as long as you overlook certain minor issues with identity under invariant isomorphisms

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    and about mapping to relational database management systems from an object oriented approach? it's a clear one-to-one situation as long as you overlook certain minor issues with identity under invariant isomorphisms
    Rudy! .. is that your evil twin again!?

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanking you very much Help was much appreciated.

Finally got it completed. Just in time really, due to be handed in in roughly.......... 8hrs. ni nite x

how to convert(decrypt) betrieve version 6 .dat file into the betrieve 8 version .sdf

what is microkernel file
    tell me the extension of file

the microkernel file is orville.pop
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    the microkernel file is orville.pop
    But many implementations make the microkernal file(s) very difficult to find. Depending on how it is implemented, it can be captured in a zip, or numerous other places. It gets frightfully difficult to locate when used with java, you can look all day and never be certain that you've found all of the components!

-PatP