Exclamation Unanswered: How to list tables exist in acces databse?

hi there!

how to list tables exist in acces databse? i searched alot for this question but couldnt find any solution.

I 've liste all my databases in a list box using ASP. now, if i select any table from the list i wanna generate another list box having tables listed from the selected databse. is thre any solution?

thnx in advance,

bye

hiya.

If I understand you correctly you want a list box (or like) that will display all the tables that your database contains - on a form.

If you create a list / combo box, and look at the properties under Data tab. add the following to the Row Source.

SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ((Left$([Name],4)<>"MSys") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

This will also hide all system tables.

Christy

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo
    If I understand you correctly you want a list box (or like) that will display all the tables that your database contains - on a form.

If you create a list / combo box, and look at the properties under Data tab. add the following to the Row Source.

SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ((Left$([Name],4)<>"MSys") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

Christy
    the query generates followng error when used in asp. any solution?

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'

Expected end of statement

strSQL="SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ((Left$([Name],4)<>"MSys") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------^

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo

Christy
    SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects

generates following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'MSysObjects'.

plz help me!

You can read the tabledefs collection of your database
    Like this
    Code:
    Dim Db as Database
    Dim Tdf as TableDef
    Set DB =CurrentDb
    For each Tdf in Db.Tabledefs
    Debug.print Tdf.Name
    NExt Tdf
    This code give ALL the table (sysobject,....)
    In code we trust

I actually copied this directly from a combo box on a form in my database so I am unsure of why this is happening. The exact SQL code as it looks in SQL view is:

SELECT MSysObjects.Name
    FROM MSysObjects
    WHERE (((Left$([Name],4))<>"MSys") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3))
    ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

but its identical.

I also have the following for Queries:

SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Type)=5) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

Forms:

SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Type)=-32768) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

Reports:

SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764) AND ((MSysObjects.Flags)<>3)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;

Provided Answers: 1
    PHP Code:
    SELECT MSysObjects.Name
      FROM MSysObjects
        WHERE 
    (((MSysObjects.FlagsNot In (-2147483648,2,-2147483645)) AND     
            ((
    MSysObjects.TypeIn (1,4)))

ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name
    Will show you all tables' names