I need some advice...

is a string of microsoft certified courses more desireable to an employer than an HNC in Computing?

Im asking this because im planning on doing a course that gives the following:

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Cisco Certified Network Associate
    A+ certification A+ Core Hardware

Any help here would be greatly appreciated because im pretty much stuck on which one to go for.

You don't say what you want to do
    I don't know defintively - depends in part I suppose on where (ie which college / uni) you are thinking of doing your HNC. If its a well respected establishment then it may have value, but some colleges / unis are meat processing plants.

I'd guess the certified course are of far more value (assuming that you can show prospective employers some relevant experience and aptitude). I wouldn't neccesarily do the certified courses unless you can denmonstrate competance in some areas.

The uni course may give a depth of knowledge or way of analysing the problems that the certified courses may not. Ie the certified courses may give a solution, the HNC may help you identify the problem that requires the solution. One without the other is not very usefull, but if you are already up to speed with fault / problme analysis then do the certified courses.

ok, If i go down the HNC route, i'd be doing it from Aberdeen College via Distance Learning (seeing as i have a full time job).

I have done a fair amount of IT related stuff with the company that i work for even though it's not part of my job description, which is why i have been thinking on going down this road so i can hopefully increase my earnings.

Have you been to aberdeen college before,
    I have and it's a bit mickey mouse, do RGU not offer night classes or distance learning similar as they are a far better instituition,

oh some other advice
    Dont eat yellow snow

I don't know how much a microsoft course actually helps, I know people who just say they have in on their resume but never took it and they're making out okay

OftenDrinking you depress me. Apart from having an excellent user name you've made a very valid point.

I have worked with too many people who have been creative with the truth concerning their qualifications and experience (not to mention ability). In one cse I had to help a woman with the blindingly obvious (how to place a button on a form!!). Not only did my boss not take action against her, but actually praised her for being a good developer. (Boss also a woman, bit of a misandrist.)

Don't do what I did, and spend four years doing a sandwich course to get a 2:1, learn to b*****t it will get you much further!