Unanswered: Subform not displaying Data

Hi Guys,

I have created a form for data entry on which lies a subform based on a query,
    When i open the form by itself the records appear on the Form but when i run it through the form nothing appears,
    How it should work is it should pick up the value of a text box and display all the records that correspond,

Any ideas where i could be going wrong

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoutts
    Hi Guys,

I have created a form for data entry on which lies a subform based on a query,
    When i open the form by itself the records appear on the Form but when i run it through the form nothing appears,
    How it should work is it should pick up the value of a text box and display all the records that correspond,

Any ideas where i could be going wrong

Dave
    Hi David,

Not really sure I get what you mean. You have a Form with a SubForm on it. This part kinda gets by me "
    but when i run it through the form nothing appears,
    . There I get lost. But basically how the Form/SubForm works is that in your MainForm you select an item, generally in a ComboBox and then the corresponding data in the SubForm fills in. Is that what you are talking about but having trouble with?
    On the Properties of the SubForm, did you set the Link Child/Master fields properly? Backing up one....do you have your Primary and ForeignKey relationships set correctly too? How is your Query set up that you base your forms on? And one last thing, is it the dadcheck database that you posted on here???

will be checking back on you..
    have a nice one,
    BUD

erm dadcheck? no idea about that 1,
    What i have is a textbox that is filled from another form which is a foreign Key to the main table, on the Form i Added a subform which should list the records from the Main Table which have the Foriegn key as above,
    When i run the main Form nothing appears in the subform, If i manually create an error i.e. not filling in a specific field then try to save the record the data in
    the subform fills with the correct data,
    which leads me to believe ive set it up ok (possibly just missed something)
    now i could fudge a soloution, i.e. cause an error for each record that i want to add,
    and all my query for my recordsource states is this,
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM tblIndividual WHERE ((([tblIndividual].[TopDetail])=[forms]![frmindividual]![txtTopPK]));
    can i just add
    arghh my head hurts