We currently have an Senior DB2 Admin opening in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia with a company that is doing phenomenally in this down market.
· Ability to install and configure database systems (DB2, SQL Server) with an understanding of how the database system interacts with Operating Systems (AIX, OS400, Windows Server 2002) and storage systems (SHARK, EMC).
· Devise backup strategies that best support the business and provide appropriate recovery options.
· Formulate and implement database security plan, including periodic audits for the enterprise.
· Identifies and leverages appropriate tools to monitor all database environments.
· Constantly enhance monitoring methodologies to ensure 100% up time.
· Ensure integrity of database schema through all stages of development. This would include Development, QA, and Production databases.
· Generates database object scripts and stores in source control repository.
· Maintain integrity of all production databases by developing and applying the proper maintenance plans. This would include but not be limited to data consistency checks, index rebuilds, and data reorganizations.
· Ensure the availability of database environments as required by the business by proactively monitoring database and system counters.
· Prepares activity and progress reports to proactively monitor all aspects of production database environments.
· Analyzes production system sql statements and applies performance tuning methodologies to ensure optimal performance. This will require the ability to interpret optimizer access plans.
· Develops data interchange standards.
· Ability to interchange data between AS/400, Unix, Microsoft platforms.
· Understand how business processes relate to database environments.
· Create data models by properly identifying data elements and applying normalization standards.
· Ability to gather and write requirements including process flows and ER diagrams.
· Works directly with developers to identify and resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
· Provide senior technical leadership in database performance tuning and optimization.
· Must be able to provide database support in an on-call rotation.
· Mentor Database Administrators.
Salary to 72k + 20% bonus paid quarterly. Complete relocation package and full benefits.
By building business solutions based upon Human Capital, Mulligan Services, Inc. is on the forefront of providing the competitive edge needed in today's marketplace. Our full-service approach, widespread knowledge of the technology marketplace and qualified staff allows us to respond to your distinctive needs and particular requirements swiftly.
Mulligan Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.