Unanswered: logging in to fresh install

I just installed Oracle 9 personal on my computer and I cannot log in. I am attempting to use the scott username and tiger passwork but I am getting a message that the tns adapter is not installed. Can someone also where I go and how to create users.

Hello Vedder,

First of all, what is the exact message you're getting ? I'm presuming, you're getting message something like: TNS- 12560 TNS: protocol Adapter Error.

If it's the case then can you please tell us what did you set up in your tnsnames.ora file? If you are using TCP/IP, change to PROTOCOL = IPC and try again.
    NewKid

A Newkid in the block

Hello Vedder,

First of all, what is the exact message you're getting ? I'm presuming, you're getting message something like: TNS- 12560 TNS: protocol Adapter Error.

If it's the case then can you please tell us what did you set up in your tnsnames.ora file? If you are using TCP/IP, change to PROTOCOL = IPC and try again.
    NewKid

A Newkid in the block

Thank kid, I basically reinstalled everything and now I can log into sql plus with the system user. I just manually created a database and am able to login now. However I want to utilize the scott schema. I have found the script that I need to install in my windows directory. Now how do I run the script?

I finally figured my probems out thank you. My psychologist thanks you as well.