Unanswered: Manipulation of Db to look like an EXE

Hi,

How can I make my db look like an EXE without having to get the developer edition of access? I have seen on some post here & other forums that they have manage to hide Access...? How can I hide access and have a splash window? Also how can I add a Menu to my form, without using the access menu/? I belive that by doing this I would protect the db from its users, by not letting see the design view &/or letting them know that is an access db. The db is intented to startup with window start up.

Thank you

You will find the startup options under the Menu 'Tools->Startup...' These options can be set or changed from the Startup options menu.

1. Application Title
    2. Application Icon
    3. App Icon, use as form/report icon option
    4. Set custom Menu Bar
    5. Allow full menus option
    6. Allow Default Shortcut Menus option
    7. Use Access Special Keys option
    8. Display Form/Page at Startup
    9. Display Database window option
    10. Display Status bar option
    11. Shortcut Menu bar to display
    12. Allow built in Toolbars
    13. Allow toolbar/Menu Changes

For security and permissions management you can use Access built in security and Access workgroup file for your application. There is a tutorial on setting up access security that is helpful at http://www.headwaysystems.com

/
    Last edited by savbill; 12-19-04 at 23:10.
    ~

Bill

Hi Bill,

With doing all you suggested, when you first go to open your database, won't the Microsoft Access splash screen still start up first?

BUD

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi Bill,

With doing all you suggested, when you first go to open your database, won't the Microsoft Access splash screen still start up first?

BUD
    I beleive I've read that you can replace the Access splash screen with a custom image. I think it had to do with naming a .BMP file the same as your database and placing them both in the same directory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi smacdonaldnc,

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure and only asked because I had created my own switchboard and startup splash screen and noticed that the Access splash screen still reared it's ugly head for about a split second. I will look into doing that next time and Thanks

Happy Holidays to everyone
    have a nice one,
    BUD