Unanswered: Set Size Of Paper For A Printer

Hi there,

Can anyone help me on this matter?
    I need to set a particular paper size to be printed out from a particular printer.
    The printer that i meant is Epson LQ-300 ESC/P 2.
    In the printer preferences, i cant set the paper size which could my requirement so i decided to set the size in the program itself.
    I'm using ASP as my base code.
    Pls help
    Thanx

Hi,
    as far as i know you have to set your page width in a way that it will print correctly either using tables or div's or other tags.
    For instance to print an A4 you would set the width of your table at I think around 650 pixels, you will have to test it and adjust
    Hope this helps

thanx
    but can u tell me how to adjust for the length oso coz
    the size of the paper i'm using has 5 times shorter length of an A4 and 2 times shorter than the width of an A4 paper.
    Thanx

Hi,
    I don't think you can do that from a web page, it would have to come from the printer, in general web pages are not really well suited for printing so it might actually be easier for you to transfer on a pdf or word doc.
    Regards,

Hi there,

If cant do the printing setting in the web base environment, what about if i do
    in Crystal Report?Can it help?Moreover, i found out that the printer dun have the
    paper size i wanted so basically i cant set the paper size in printer itself?
    do i have any other way to do it?
    Thanx

Hi there,

If cant do the printing setting in the web base environment, what about if i do
    in Crystal Report?Can it help?Moreover, i found out that the printer dun have the
    paper size i wanted so basically i cant set the paper size in printer itself?
    do i have any other way to do it?
    Thanx