Unanswered: unable to find php_mysql.dll

Hi all,
    I just downloaded php 5.0 and i found out that php_mysql.dll doesn't come bundled with it .
    I copied the libmysql.dll file to the system32 directory and enabled the extension=php_mysql.dll in ini file . However , I don't find the php_mysql.dll in the php package and because of this the browser always says "Unable to load dynamic library" ....

Can anyone please tell me the link of where i can go and find the dll file ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Celia

Did you check this
    Sticky: PHP5 MySQL Config on XP
    Savbill have explained it well.

Try that .. still you have problem then get back to us.

Regards
    Rajesh

Quote Originally Posted by rexselin
    Hi all,
    I just downloaded php 5.0 and i found out that php_mysql.dll doesn't come bundled with it .
    I copied the libmysql.dll file to the system32 directory and enabled the extension=php_mysql.dll in ini file . However , I don't find the php_mysql.dll in the php package and because of this the browser always says "Unable to load dynamic library" ....

Can anyone please tell me the link of where i can go and find the dll file ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Celia
    Freelance and Technology Consultant
    -------------------
    Dreams are for ever
    -------------------

php_mysql.dll

Yes , rajesh . I did go through that post but it doesn't answer my question. I DO have uncommented that line in php.ini and DO have copied my libmysql.dll file in system32 directory .
    But unfortunately I don't have a php_mysql.dll shipped with the package that I downloaded yesterday from the site.It seems to have all the other dlls .
    Is there a link anywhere where I could download the php_mysql.dll file alone ?
    Thanks & Regards,
    Celia

Quote Originally Posted by rexselin
    But unfortunately I don't have a php_mysql.dll shipped with the package that I downloaded yesterday from the site.
    Celia, I checked my download the 'php_mysql.dll' in the PHP5 windows package is located in the 'PHP\extn' folder. I didn't do anything with the 'php_mysql.dll' just copied 'libmysql.dll' to the WINDOWS\System32 folder and uncommented the 'extension=php_mysql.dll' line in the PHP.ini file.

I did a search on my system and found 5 occurrences of 'libmysql.dll' Some copies varied in size. This original was 228kb which I copied to the System32 folder.

Also check your 'extension_dir', (extension_dir = "C:\php\ext") this line should be uncommented and path set to the php\ext

/
    ~

Bill

Thanks for the information pal.The package that was shipped to me didn't have php_mysql.dll in the extensions directory.I'll do another download and see.Thanks anyway.
    Celia