Exclamation Unanswered: Security Problems!!!

Ok, I'm having a very frustrating problem. I have written an application and I have now put on security to where the user must log in and give a password. This works great on this computer that I am developing the application on, however when I put a copy onto a different computer it gives me this error message:

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use the "C:\FolderName\Filename.mdb" object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you"

This pops up before the user can even get to the log in screen so it puzzles me as to why this would happen. It happens immediately after they double click on the icon to open up the application.

PLEASE HELP!!! This is pretty frustrating and I'm sure it has a pretty straight forward solution that I am missing. Thank you very much for your help ahead of time.

If you used Access to create the security for you then you have a workgroup file that was created. This file holds all the details about who can do what. When you copy the database to the other system you need to copy this file as well, or somehow make it accessible (put it on a server).

You may also have to open it using a shortcut that uses the /wrkgrp switch and speifies the workgroup file you want to use.

Exclamation

I actually copied over the Access file, the .BAK file and also the security file so all of that was there when the problem arose and it would not let me get into the application. It would not even make it to the log in screen. The shortcut I made to the desktop was a shortcut to the .mdb file. Is this possibly the problem? I checked all of the Workgroup settings and everything seems to be set up correctly with the "Administrator" having administrative rights and the users basically only having runs to "Open/Run" the application. What am I missing here?

You have to associate your database with the security file that you have set up with the permissions. If you don't it will look for system.mdw somewhere in Windows. Of course you could rename you securiry file and overwrite the system.mdw file with it, but I wouldn't recommend that.

If you look in the help file you should find the code to open the database with the correct security file to put on the shortcut, this is the /wrkgrp system.mdw switch which should come after the name and URL of the database itself.

Exclamation

When I initially set up the security, though, the wizard created a Secured.mdw file and I was under the impression that the security looked at this file when trying to determine rights and stuff. Is this not correct? Why would it be looking at system.mdw when it's already created secured.mdw?