Thread: Reports issue

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: Reports issue

Setup: 9iAS, 9iDB, 9iDS

I have a report that was previously saved with 9i that contains a graph. That report still runs correctly. If I open the report and save it the report fails with

REP-108: File 'E:\Temp\pfj22288586.gif' not found.

The file in question is a temporary file that contains the graph (I guess). If I delete the graph object the report runs successfully. I have tried setting REPORTS25_PATH=E:\temp as the doc suggests for this error but that does not help.

Can anyone point me to a solution?

Additional info to muddle the waters. Even though the report was written with 9i I get the error "This report was saved with a newer version ...." when I open it. Not sure what that means as the report has never been saved with a newer version.
    Last edited by Todd Barkus; 12-21-04 at 13:43.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    What appears to be the issue:

I also have 10gDS loaded and evidently the interaction between the two is causign me grief. I asked a co-worker with a 9i only install to open and save the report and the report works as advertised. I have tried de-installing 10g from my system (and rebooting) but still get the same problem. As a further request I would like to know if any one knows what further file removal I need to do to get back to a 9i pure machine (if it is possible). Perhaps reinstalling 9I???
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Provided Answers: 4
    Unforutunately, I don't know what happened to your .gif.

As of "newer version" - did you patch 9i? Or, if someone else wrote this report and you're opening (and editing it) with newer version (although both are 9i's), this message appears but allows you to work without problems. Hm ... not really ... you'll have .gif problems

Also (nothing to do with your issue, but I thought it won't harm), this version (9i) saves your reports as a .jsp file. Several times I ran into problems as Developer refused to open those files. Workaround is to save a report as a .rdf file - everything seems to be fine if doing so.