Project Description: A team is being assembled to design, build, and test the Limited Remote Desktop Guard (LRDG). The LRDG consists of an ultra-thin remote desktop client; a server-side application built on top of Remote Desktop Services; and a trusted interface to proxy all communications between the client and server. The project will enable remote desktop access to a variety of applications, and will support remote access to audio and video devices.
Job Description: This team member will support development of an ultra-thin remote desktop client. This position requires an experienced cross-platform Java developer, with experience interfacing to video and audio streams and an ability to write concise and secure client applications
The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of experience designing and developing software applications. At least five of those years must involve Java development, eitheron Windows or Solaris platforms. This application will incorporate the Java Media Framework (JMF), Java Development Kit (JDK), Java Security Framework. A solid grasp of information assurance concepts is desired.
· Earned degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering;
· >7 years development experience;
· >5 years experience in Java applications development;
· Experience with Java Media Framework (JMF) and streaming multimedia;
· Experience in the development of multithreaded networked and/or multimedia applications;
· Firm understanding of the Java Security Framework and experience with security concepts as data encryption and PKI;
· Experience with military or intelligence community environments;
· Familiarity with Section 508 accessibility compliance.
Location: This full-time position located in Linthicum, Maryland
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending, Holiday, Vacation, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, and Profit sharing.