Exclamation Unanswered: Btrieve error #24 on XP

I am getting a “Btrieve Error #24 opening GRTPLN.DAT” on a new Windows XP Pro workstation.

The customer is running Great Plains Accounting (9.20 for Windows) on a small network with a Netware 5.1 server. The workstations are running Windows 98/2. I have installed a new Windows 2003 SBS that will run their new accounting application and most other apps. They also will have new Windows XP Pro workstations that I will install as soon as I can get Great Plains to run on them.

The goal is to migrate everything, except Great Plains, to the new server. The Netware server will be kept in place as long as they need access to the accounting history in Great Plains. This version of GP uses Btrieve on the Netware server. I have applied all patches to Netware to bring it current, and applied service packs 1-4 to Btrieve/Pervasive to bring it up to 7.90.000. When I try to execute Great Plains from one of the new XP Pro workstations I continue to get the above error message on the workstation.

I’m thinking that there are some changes that may need to be made in the Pervasive configuration files on the Netware server, but am unsure what to modify. Can anyone help? Thanks

SCF

I assume you have attempted to have XP run the software as 98? Are there drive mappings that are not set up? Does the xp user have read/write access to the folder where the database file (i assume, GRTPLN.DAT) exists?

Just some suggestions,
    Eric

Provided Answers: 4
    The status 24 means:
    24: The page size or data buffer size is invalid
    The MicroKernel returns this status code in one of the following situations:

The page size you specified when creating a file is invalid. The page size must be a multiple of 512 bytes and cannot exceed 4096 bytes.
    During a Create operation, the page size is the first file specification the MicroKernel checks. If you receive this status code at this point, it can indicate an invalid data buffer parameter.
    Are you sure it's a Btrieve error 24? Have you talked to Great Plains? The 24 should really only occur on a Create operation.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Btrieve error #24

I'm assuming it is a btrieve error because of the message. Your right that it could be a GP error. The problem is GP doesn't support this version any longer. That's one reason the customer is changing to a different product. The Windows 98/2 stations can run the program fine but the XP stations give this error. The GP executable is running from the Netware server and there doesn't appear to be any local files installed so there was nothing to setup on the new stations. I'm simply executing the file from the server. I'm assuming that this was there first "Windows" version and it really is nothing more then a DOS version with a graphical interface. There also does not seem to be a Pervasive client running on the old stations. I did try loading the client on a new station but I got the same result. Thanks for the reply.