Thread: Help with SQL

Exclamation Unanswered: Help with SQL

Take a look at my SQL..

Code:
    SELECT Users.User_ID, Users.User_MAC, Users.Signal_Strength, Users.Noise, Users.Signal_To_Noise, Users.Throughput
    FROM Users, Valid_Users
    WHERE Users.User_MAC<>Valid_Users.Valid_MAC
    GROUP BY Users.User_ID, Users.User_MAC, Users.Signal_Strength, Users.Noise, Users.Signal_To_Noise, Users.Throughput
    I have a Valid_Users table and a Users table.
    I have all the values in the Users table and all the values of a valid user in the Valid_Users table.

I then use Query to find the intruder, meaning, I want it to compare the Users table with the Valid_User table and insert whichever values not found in the Valid_MAC field of the Valid_Users table into the Query qryIntruders.

The code above insert everything from the Users table into the qryIntruders!!! Someone help me get only those values not found in the Valid_Users.Valid_MAC!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tables1.JPG  

hi adiboy

you could use something like this

Code:
    SELECT Users.User_ID, Users.User_MAC, Users.Signal_Strength, Users.Noise, Users.Signal_To_Noise, Users.Throughput
    FROM Users
    WHERE Users.User_MAC Not In (SELECT Valid_Users.Valid_MAC FROM Valid Users);
    HTH
    Dave

SQL query

Hi,
    You can use the inner join statment:
    FROM Users inner join Valid_Users on (Users.User_ID=Valid_Users.User_ID ) and
    (Users.User_MAC <> Valid_Users.Valid_MAC )

I hope I helps