Question Unanswered: Mirroring tables across two systems

I'm not sure if this is exactly possible, but here goes:

We have DB2 (version 7 I think) on an OS/390 system that the batch runs against every night to update any changes from the source system.

When the updates have completed, the data in each table is cross-loaded to an AIX machine (DB2 8.1) that holds an exact replica of the database as held on the OS/390 system. The end-user then runs their reports against the tables on the AIX machine.

1, Is it possible to use a "split mirror backup" to replicate these tables across from OS/390 to AIX removing the need for a cross-load? If so, what are the pros/cons/details of doing this?
    2, Is their an alternative to "split mirror backup"?
    3, What alternatives can you suggest?

Any other information around this that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 5
    I am not familiar with OS/390 at all, but to learn about split-mirror, go here and search for "split mirror":

I have no experience with using a split-mirror, so I cannot help there.

An alternative would be to use DB2 "Replication". It this is available in your version of DB2 on OS/390, then this will probably be the way to go.

IBM mention split mirror in Disaster Recovery but they don't go it to any detail about it's requirements or how to implement it.

Has anyone used this before?