Unanswered: SQL server publishing error.

Hey all,

I received this publishing error a while back and can't think of a reason I would be receiving this error.

SQL error occurred. See entry specific information. Error : 21010, 01000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Removed 0 replicated transactions consisting of 0 statements in 6 seconds (0 rows/sec).

The error came just before another error:

SQL error occurred. See entry specific information. Information : 1205, 40001, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 62) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

I'm wondering what would cause these errors, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers,
    -Kilka

This exception was thrown when one SQL Server call conflicted with another resource that held a lock on the necessary resource. Consequently, one of the processes was terminated. This is a common error message for deadlocks with the process ID being unique to the system.There are times when you need to override SQL Server's locking scheme and force a particular range of locks on a table. Transact-SQL provides a set of table-level locking hints that you can use with SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements to tell SQL Server how you want it to lock the table by overriding any other system-wide or transactional isolation levels.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for the prompt reply Satya,

I know what how the deadlock error is caused, and what a deadlock is, but I'm not sure if the deadlock is mutually exlusive of the other error. Maybe when the deadlock kills the spid, the first error messages is its way of completing ?

We are using datamirror's Transformation Server, and I'm starting to think that several processes are competing for the distribution database, more specifically the MSrepl_commands table.

However this still leaves the first error unexplained....

Thanks again Satya,
    -Kilka