Good Morning Everyone -

I have a situation where I need some assistance. I have an application that runs on a Windows 2000 workstation, using DB2 UDB 8.1 fixpack 5 and is updating DB2 Tables on a Mainframe remotely. The mainframe is running DB2 V7.2 The problem I'm having is that applications switched from ODBC access methods to using JDBC Type 4 drivers. Now response time is TERRIBLE.

Example - When using the ODBC method, the application can insert 1 row of data into the mainframe DB2 table, with 1 second response time. When they switch to using the JDBC Type 4 drivers, and repeat the test, (inserting 1 row of different data again), the response time jumps to 5 seconds.

Is there any type of DB2 Trace that I can run on the workstation to find out what is happening? If so, is there documentation for using the trace? Has anyone else encountered this type of response problem switching from ODBC to JDBC Type 4 drivers? If so, what was the solution? I have an irguent need to get this problem fixed as soon as I can. Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.