Unanswered: MSDE and SQL server

Hi have just installed MSDE on a laptop. When I installed it I created a default account
    username - sa
    password - ?

With network protocols enabled and in mixed mode.

I then Created a script of a databse from are SQL server and ran that on the MSDE. So now I have an identical database on the laptop, but without any data. All going well hey.
    The problem is I am now trying to copy the data across using the DTS wizard in SQL server. I can select the server from the dropdown, but it will not let me connet, it says not aurthorised or cannot find server. I am using SQL authentication, and using the user account sa. Any ideas what I'm missing. Am very new to SQL server, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Have you specified the sa password in the install command line or in the setup.ini file ?

I don't understand.... Do you know your sa password ?

Sorry yes

Sorry yep I specified the SA password when I installed the MSDE. Am just being overly security conscicous because the password used is the same as the one we use for all administration.
    I can logon locally on the laptop using
    osql - U sa
    and the enter the password when promted
    Am not sure whats not working, am I missing anything?
    Alternativly if anyoe knows another way to get data into an msde, I 'm quite happy to use that.

Sorry yes

Sorry yep I specified the SA password when I installed the MSDE. Am just being overly security conscicous because the password used is the same as the one we use for all administration.
    I can logon locally on the laptop using
    osql - U sa
    and the enter the password when promted
    Am not sure whats not working, am I missing anything?
    Alternativly if anyoe knows another way to get data into an msde, I 'm quite happy to use that.

Are you trying to access data on another db server from this db server that you just installed on your laptop, or?
    Have you created a linked server, or what kind of setup do you have?

Soory am not very clear

Have a seperate windows 2000 server, running sql server 2000. With about 30 people connecting to it using an Access front end.
    The sql server has a database on it that I wish to copy to a laptop. The laptop is going to be used occasionally mainly for sales to demonstarate are software. So I have installed MSDE on the laptop and changed the links in the software for the laptop copy to point to this rather than the sql server.
    I just now need a way whenever the sales people go to visit a prospective client (about once a month) to dump all the data into the MSDE so they have an up to date copy.
    Any ideas on how to do this would be great.
    Have tried using the DTS wizard in SQL server but I'm having problems with this, so any alternative sugestions would be very welcome.

So, if your db on SQL Server is more than 2 GB, you won't be able to transfer it on MSDE (limited to 2 GB db).

Have you tried a simple Import / Export from server to client ? You should create a connection for end users to do this operation alone.

database

The database is only about 500mb tops.
    Just want a simply way to move a datbase from sql server to an msde.
    I belive the previos problem I was having with the dts is a network issue (long story), so if you pretend the laptop is not on the network, but I can trasfer files to it, is there anyway to import data under thsi scenario. Thanks
    for all your help so far