Unanswered: Users cant access new database

EMERGENCY 911 HELP PLEASE

Ok I created a database SQL is the engine and Access XP is the gui. When the users try to access the databae they get error message, it opens up but they cant open the forms for some reason. I was wondering if this had to do with me have Access XP and them having Access 2000, but I highly doubt it because when I had a user log on to my machine (which has access xp) they still were not able to access the forms. Can someone help me out PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... this is so frustrating

One thing I'm noticing is that the users connection keeps dropping???
    Last edited by desireemm; 12-22-04 at 15:44.

Provided Answers: 6
    Have you given the user or the group the user is in rights over the database.

1. go to SQL EM
    2. open up your server group.
    3. expand security
    4. double click on logins
    5. double click on the right account
    6. hit the database access tab
    7. they should have the checkbox marked next to your new DB and public checked off down below.

try that first.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

The permissions

I have already set the permission in Enterprise manager. And I did exactly as you said to make sure

This definetly a permissions issue of type or another. The very fact that one person logged into a machine can't do something that another person logged in can points to permissions quite obviously.

Does the form run off a stored procedure? You might want to check if the user has rights to execute the stored procedure.

What is the percise error message they are recieving?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Yes I agree

I agree with you Thrasymachus, but I just cant seem to figure out what the problem is. The users can use the other databases just fine, but this one theres a serious problem with user access...I have no idea why...driving me crazy. I went and logged on to another computer with that users log on and I noticed that it keeps dropping the database....AND you cant see the tables you can only see the forms...thats defintely not that case with the other databases either

umm

How about telling me the error message?

Is it an access data project (.adp) or a access database (.mdb)?

I assume you are using a Windows Authentication for your sql database access.

Does the user belong to the NT group that appears under the logins screen in SQL?

Does that group have proper access?

Did you check the permissions on the stored procedure if there is one?

umm

How about telling me the error message?

Is it an access data project (.adp) or a access database (.mdb)?

I assume you are using a Windows Authentication for your sql database access.

Does the user belong to the NT group that appears under the logins screen in SQL?

Does that group have proper access?

Did you check the permissions on the stored procedure if there is one?

ok sorry

Heres an attachment of both the error messages the users get
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.

Provided Answers: 54
    My first guess would be that the users can access the database, but they have not been granted permissions on the objects.

Just for the jolly factor:
    1 connect to the first database using Enterprise Mangler
    2 right click on the first database
    3 pick Create Script
    4 set the scripting options like the attachments:
    5 generate the script with just the permissions
    6 right click on the second database
    7 set the options again
    8 generate the new script
    9 compare the old and new scripts. There are probably differences!

-PatP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EM-General.jpg   EM-Formatting.jpg   EM-Options.jpg  

Ok

Ok Pat I will do exactly that, sorry for being such a Newbie guys. Will be a learning experience for me. Never experienced this and I have created about 8 databases with that the users can access with no problems. Oh well new learning experience

Problem Solved

Thank you guys sorry for being such a NEWBIE. I'm still learning, I know to you Gurus that I must look like an Idiot...but hey at least I'm learning. I didnt do as Pat suggested but I did take a second look at the permission in the Enterprise Manager and found the GC_Admin which is the group the users were in still inside there. I thought I got rid of that since I kept checking the permissions but there they were.

Thanks so Much for your help and patience guys..I appreciate it
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.

Provided Answers: 54
    Darned if it doesn't often work that way!

Anywho, I'm glad that things are better now.

-PatP

Pat

Your suggestion was awesome that will help me troubleshoot for the next time I have problems I didnt even think about that, that will defintley aid me in any other problems I might have in the future. But thats why your the Guru and I'm just student. Thanks again Guys