Lightbulb Unanswered: Print Form and Subform Records in the same report

Hi everyone
    I have a Form for a Doctor Office and another form to payments the balance on the visit. I need a report for print the record information on the 1st form "Visitor Information" and the data on the payments form "Payment Type and balance". So I need a report with both records data "Like a Receipt Report" with the Visitor Information and the Payment Method.
    Thanks Every One for help me

My suggestion would be to create a query that contains the required fields from each of your tables and then base your report on this query. This way you can also perform any necessary calculations in the same query and output the result to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by smacdonaldnc
    My suggestion would be to create a query that contains the required fields from each of your tables and then base your report on this query. This way you can also perform any necessary calculations in the same query and output the result to the report.

I have already create a query with the information but I need the report on each record for each visitor.
    I have a Print bottom and its support print the report for each visitor.
    If I use the report out of the form, its working but i need with the record data "present record or Individual records" Thanks Very Much

I don't know if I understand correctly, but are you looking for a method to determine exactly WHICH record is being printed? For instance, if you have 200 customers in your database and you want to print the report for customer #145, you need a method to accomplish this? Am I correct or not?

I don't know if I understand correctly, but are you looking for a method to determine exactly WHICH record is being printed? For instance, if you have 200 customers in your database and you want to print the report for customer #145, you need a method to accomplish this? Am I correct or not?
    No Man
    Look
    I have a form for visitor and another form for cash in.
    In the visitor form we have the information for the visitor "I open a new record for each visitor" and on the cash in form we have the payment types for the visitor total. On the Cash in form, we have a botom for print a receipt ticket for the visitor. On that receipt ticket, we need the visitor information from the visitor form and the payment type information from the Cash in form. i need prees the print report and print the Visitor information and the payment type data.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heman85
    No Man
    Look
    I have a form for visitor and another form for cash in.
    In the visitor form we have the information for the visitor "I open a new record for each visitor" and on the cash in form we have the payment types for the visitor total. On the Cash in form, we have a botom for print a receipt ticket for the visitor. On that receipt ticket, we need the visitor information from the visitor form and the payment type information from the Cash in form. i need prees the print report and print the Visitor information and the payment type data.
    Thanks
    Perhaps you misunderstood what I mentioned in a previous post about using a query-based report to handle this. Let me provide an example for the sake of argument.

Let's say you have two tables (tblVisitors and tblPayments) and you want to print a receipt for a visitor who has just made a payment. You can handle this by creating a query that contains the fields from each table that contain the information you need printed on the receipt. Let's say your query is named "qryReceiptData" and your report is named "rptReceipt". qryReceiptData would contain applicable fields such as - tblVisitors:VisitorID, tblVisitors:VisitorFName, tblVisitors:VisitorLName, tblVisitors:VisitorAddress, tblPayments:PaymentID, tblPayments:PaymentType, tblPayments:PaymentAmount, etc. You then select your criteria (if any) and use this query as the RecordSource of rptReceipt. Within your report, I would setup grouping by VisitorID and place the visitor information in the group header. Then, place your payment related information in the detail section and finally, place any totals or summed controls in the group footer. This way, when you print the receipt(s), you'll have you visitor information as the primary group and your payment(s) will appear in the detail section.

That's the only way I can think of to explain it. I might be wrong in my approach, but I apply the same concept in my ad management and billing system and it works just fine. Unless someone else can offer you a suggestion, I'd say your best bet would be to upload a stripped copy of your MDB file for demonstration purposes. Good luck.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I mentioned in a previous post about using a query-based report to handle this. Let me provide an example for the sake of argument.

Let's say you have two tables (tblVisitors and tblPayments) and you want to print a receipt for a visitor who has just made a payment. You can handle this by creating a query that contains the fields from each table that contain the information you need printed on the receipt. Let's say your query is named "qryReceiptData" and your report is named "rptReceipt". qryReceiptData would contain applicable fields such as - tblVisitors:VisitorID, tblVisitors:VisitorFName, tblVisitors:VisitorLName, tblVisitors:VisitorAddress, tblPayments:PaymentID, tblPayments:PaymentType, tblPayments:PaymentAmount, etc. You then select your criteria (if any) and use this query as the RecordSource of rptReceipt. Within your report, I would setup grouping by VisitorID and place the visitor information in the group header. Then, place your payment related information in the detail section and finally, place any totals or summed controls in the group footer. This way, when you print the receipt(s), you'll have you visitor information as the primary group and your payment(s) will appear in the detail section.

That's the only way I can think of to explain it. I might be wrong in my approach, but I apply the same concept in my ad management and billing system and it works just fine. Unless someone else can offer you a suggestion, I'd say your best bet would be to upload a stripped copy of your MDB file for demonstration purposes. Good luck.
    I do the query but in the report when I press the print bottom its empty. The print information its ok but empty.
    Man I dont know what is wrong please give me u email address and i send the db file Thanks

Hi heman85,

It seems smacdonaldnc explained it very well and is how I had one of my databases setup as well. If you could strip out the sensitive data and make a Copy of your database with all affected Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports, then Zip it down and Post it here to the site, someone might be able to assist you. This way you will have possibly several minds working for you and maybe a quicker response in case he is not able to get around to it as soon as you need.

have a Happy Holiday!!!!
    BUD

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi heman85,

It seems smacdonaldnc explained it very well and is how I had one of my databases setup as well. If you could strip out the sensitive data and make a Copy of your database with all affected Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports, then Zip it down and Post it here to the site, someone might be able to assist you. This way you will have possibly several minds working for you and maybe a quicker response in case he is not able to get around to it as soon as you need.

have a Happy Holiday!!!!
    BUD

OK
    Here the DB file. Its in spanish. If you have any question let me know ok
    I need create a Receipt Report for the visitor on the COBRAR Form. Pacientes its the main form Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have to do some of the usual Christmas stuff tonight with the family and the (shudder)... inlaws, but afterwards I'll certainly take a look at it for you heman. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

I have to do some of the usual Christmas stuff tonight with the family and the (shudder)... inlaws, but afterwards I'll certainly take a look at it for you heman. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Thank you very much Merry Xmas

Hey smacdonaldnc

Pls dont forget me Do you see the DB File?

Pls let me know Im watting for your help.
    Thanks Happy New 2005

Quote Originally Posted by heman85
    Hey smacdonaldnc

Pls dont forget me Do you see the DB File?

Pls let me know Im watting for your help.
    Thanks Happy New 2005
    Hey there, I haven't forgotten about you. We had a death in my workplace and it has really complicated some things, so bare with me. We'll be taking a short day tomorrow to attend furneral services so afterwards I'll take a look and post the corrections. Until then, have a great day and you'll hear from me shortly.