Unanswered: how do i install oracle on windows xp professional?

can u plz suggest me the methods and give me some tips on how to install oracle on windows xp professional easily.
    how do i install it in my system without any requirement of a cd?
    can i download it from the net for free and install it in my system??
    thanks all.
    Last edited by ushareddy; 12-24-04 at 05:35.

Smile

Hi,
    It seems you are going to use Oracle as a home DBMS and not a production server or something like that,so it is so easy to install it.Note that you may use standard editoin at first and not Enterprise or Custom, if you do not have any acceptable reason.Oracle will configure every starting thing.Keep in mind to read oracle release notes and installation guide at least once!
    Download oracle DBMS from www.otn.oracle.com(you can find it with some search).It is free.
    -Best wishes

what version to b installed??

thanks for replying but what version goes fine with a windows xp professional
    can sql plus b installed ?is it a kind of version used in oracle ?where can it b found?

Hi,
    You may install Oracle 9i (Release 2) or 10g both will be nice on xp if you prepare proper hardware.sqlplus is a utility that be inatalled in all last versions of oracle by default.so do not worry! go ahead
    NOTE: do not install 8i because it is going to be desupported by Oracle in next few days.
    -Good Luck

thank u

thanks a lot for ur suggestions
    iam really thankful and hope to find out more from u later.
    thank u once again