Unanswered: Table Curruption

I had a problem with a table. It's basically get currupted. When a execute a select between some date range it gives no problem where as if i goes beyond that range or full search its gives problem. Some data pages of this table is currupted. The message like

Error:605: Severity 21tate 1;
    Attempt to fetch logical page 43831 in database xxx belongs to object id '2075206493' not to object 'despatch'

end of stack trace ,spid 1, kpid 20,suid 23.

How can i resolve this problem. I don't have backup of this database. I tried to fetch out those data but its was not allowed. I have drop this object id '2075206493' but even after that it gives the same error messages .

Thank you
    s.bhas

Run the following commands -
    dbcc checktable ('despatch')
    dbcc tablealloc ('despatch',full,fix)
    It should resolve the problem.
    It can be there in cache and is not associated with data corruption. Rebooting the server can also resolve the problem.

By reboot of server i mean bouncing the data server.

Hello parag

Thanks for the reply but i have gone through all these activity. But still the same problem.

Messg: Attempt tp fetch logical page 43829 in database sales belongs to objects '2075206493' not to objects 'despatch'

I tried to locate the object 2075206493 but this was on different database and i have drop that objects because it was not required. But i still find the same error even though the objects does not exits.

Thanks

605 errors are particularly nasty and usually result in data loss. As you have no backup of the database it might be worth involving Sybase tech support, to see if they can do anything with a dump of the currently corrupt database. It's also worthwhile looking at your OS event logs/messages file, as 605 errors can indicate hardware problems.

You could put the database into single user and run a checkalloc with fix. This should deallocate any pages that are allocated to non-existent objects, but I wouldn't be too hopeful in fixing it in this way.

Out of interest, do you have any entries in sysindexes for object id 2075206493? I once tried to drop a corrupt table with a 605 error and my process stack traced. When I reconnected the entry in sysobjects had gone, but the rows in sysindexes hadn't been tidied up. It ended up in a real mess and took ages to fix.

Hello

I had another server which has same problem with different says the page belongs to object '0' not to object 'master'. There is no such object with id '0'.
    There is some buffer problem which the error 605 severity 21 says. Do you think its a hardware problem. Is there something wrong with memory configuration.

Thank you

Was the other server on the same host as this one? Which OS and version of Sybase are you using? I doubt that it's a memory config problem, but it could be a problem with the actual physical memory or (more likely) the disks on the host. Have you checked the hardware logs?