Compensation: ~ 100- 110 K pa Base / Benefits/ Bonus
Target Start Date: Jan 2005
Department: Information Services
Location: North East NJ (Secaucus area). Some travel to Midtown NYC office.
Responsible for the development and operation of the database infrastructure. Create database management processes, procedures and policies related to development and operational activities. Partner with the technology and applications teams to develop and implement best practices in support of development, tuning and monitoring functions.
1. Minimum of 6 six experience in design, development and support of Oracle 8.x or 9.x in a various computing environments Unix, Wintel, Web/Intranet, OLTP, DSS)
2. Performance Tuning, Production Support, Back up,
3. Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Development DBA Roles, Migration, Upgrades.
4. Use of tools till OEM, RMAN, Oracle Parallel Server.
5. Minimum of 2 years of SQL Server 7 or 2000 administration experience (back office systems probably)
6. Unix administration and shell script experience (nice to have)
7. SAP R/3 experience a strong plus
1. Technical leadership skills; team oriented
2. Strong communication skills
Education and Certification Requirements
1. BS in CIS or other related field
2. Certified in Oracle Database Administration - plus
3. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) - prefer
1. Able to excel in a dynamic, high growth environment
2. Able to effectively function as an independent and in a team environment
1. Database infrastructure (Oracle and SQL) upgrades