Unanswered: Help with Dlookup() condition

Hi all;

I am working on a new project for someone and I want to create 2 fields by function on an after update on the form.

My problem is in the DLookup line of code: which is this:

Me.Officer_Name = DLookup("[Officer_Name]", "Officer_Qry", [Officer_Number] = Me.Officer_Number And [Current] = True)

The names are correct and the query is ok but I need the 2 criterion to select the correct name (in case of officer number changes, new hires, Transfers and so on [the number may be reused for someone else down the line] but only one number and current will be checked off) can someone fix it so I wont get a TYPE MISMATCH error 13.

Officer number is a number field and Current (in the query) is a boolean.

any help appreciated.

TIA
    Kevin

DLookup("[Officer_Name]", "Officer_Qry", "(([Officer_Number] = " & Me.Officer_Number & ") And ([Current] = True))")

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks izyrider, that did the trick. I had tried several ways before posting nd did not even think of aadding (). it works now.

Kevin

glad it worked out, but take care -- the (()) are mostly cosmetic (though in messy expressions they prevent A going down the wrong road).

the real problem was that the criteria also have to be in quotes so you have to concatenate in your form field....

DLOOKUP("blah", "tblBlah", "Field = " & stuffFromYourForm & "blahblah")

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2