Unanswered: Value of a List box

I am sure there is a simple solution for this but I can't think for nothin right now....

the information shown in a list box for example reference# 48000,48001,48006 (which change all the time so another time could be 49015,49945,49999)

I want to open a form with a WHERE clause to open the form based on the reference# showing all info concerning that reference#.

I would rather it be based on the OnClick of the listbox but it could be off of a command button... please help

Préverenges, Switzerland
    where's the problem?

if your wannabe form is based on a query (if not: fix it) open the query in design view, hit the criteria cell under the reference field and then hit the magic-wand thingie in the menu bar.

in the resulting dialog:
    left-pane: navigate - forms/all forms/form with the list
    then middle-pane: double-click the name of your list.

...unless this is a multiselect list: that's also very do-able but takes a little more effort.

currently using SS 2008R2

the list value is coming up based on the position of the click...

for example

instead of pulling up the reference#

besides I, am trying to learn the WHERE clause because I keep trying to use it but it does not seem to work for me.

Have a look at this's a Search Db that utilizes the Where clause function in Vb and passes it to a query or to a form...

Attached Files Attached Files

Tampa, FL
    Change the column the list is bound to.
    In the properties the bound property dictates which column the query is looking at.