Unanswered: Conditional Count in excel

I have an excel file that my employees use to record phone sales for each day. I have a column where either "cing" for cingular, "tmob" for tmobile or "att" for at&t is written when an employee makes a sale. I also have a column "Upgrade" which either gets a yes or a no. Goals for each day are based on points. 1 point for each activation which would be a "no" in the uprgade column, or .5 point for an upgrade. How would i make a cell automatically count how many points my store is at. when an employee makes a sale and enters that info then its automatically updated. Ive included the excel sheet. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question:

Where are you wanting this count to be on the Sales Log Worksheet?

Concerns:

1. I unmerged all cells in your worksheet - they are a good way to frustrate yourself.

2. Probably not a good idea to have another table below the one where you are adding data. What happens if you have more than 28 sales that day/week?
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

the few times we had more than 28 sales we just opened a new excel and labeled in part 2. And i was thinking of putting the count somewhere on that sales log page. it doesnt matter. Im goin to redesign it but i just dont know what code to use to do the conditional count. thanks for the quick response

Probably the best way to do it, is something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(($E$6:$E$32="tmob")*($F$6:$F$32="no"))

However,, if you set this up properly you can have the competitors in three cells and Yes and No in other cells, then you can have a simple table that automatically updates.

See on the attachment, on worksheet Site Log(2), O4:Q10, especially the formulas highlighted in yellow (the six cells otgether use the SUMPRODUCT, whereas the other two in Green sum up the totals and multiply by appropriate number.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Thank you very much for the info. It worked perfectly. I also used it to automatically count returns and exchanges. Again thanks for the info.