Cool Unanswered: My database swells

I'm using a memo field to store a message along with id, date and the user the message came from.

As soon as i put some messages in the table tho.... my database SWELLS.... need help!!!

every now and again (ie monthly/quartly depends on how much the database is used to increase the information it is holding) you need to compact and repair your database. go to the menu bar ..tools..Database Utilities.. then click "Compact and repair" this takes away unneeded tags/information that the database uses to hold your information together. the database will reduce in size

regards

Peter.t
    Last edited by Peter.t; 12-27-04 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter.t
    every now and again (ie monthly/quartly depends on how much the database is used to increase the information it is holding) you need to compact and repair your database. go to the menu bar ..tools..Database Utilities.. then click "Compact and repair" this takes away unneeded tags/information that the database uses to hold your information together. the database will reduce in size

regards

Peter.t
    hey man thanks alot!!! i'll do that

Thanks again
    Got another bunch of questions tho
    I'm designing a messaging inbox system with a MS access database and asp. When the user opens a message, a recordset is opened using a Sql command that selects only the message with the current message id that is specified. Now how do I write code that will tell me what message id would follow without having to open an entirely new recordset and traverse it to find the current msg id and then using the "rs.movenext" to get me to the id that follows!

do i need to have access to global.asa file to use "include"?

How difficult will it be to create a page that allows the user to upload a file.
    Allowing the user to click on a Browse button that opens a dialog box that displays their local drives and allows them to select the file then hit an upload button....